Friday, March 23, 2007

Chantel: Shaping Our Marriage


Where do I even begin? Marriage is definitely something I went in knowing nothing about. I'm going to be real with you all; it is NOT a walk in the park. It can be hard, and it can test your patience. Sometimes you get so mad to the point where you just want to scream and leave. But you don't. We work out whatever is going on and we grow. I've found things in Jacob that can only be found in marriage. And the same goes with him. He has seen a side of me that most people don't see. We're figuring out what it's like to be married and we're adjusting. Marriage is about compromising. It's about putting yourself second and your spouse first. Through everything we've been through in the short amount of time that we've been married, I would not change one single thing. He's the love of my life and my best friend. We have so much fun together and truly value and enjoy one another. Our families are a huge support to us…especially with all the things that have been going on (I.E. our house catching on fire 6 weeks before the wedding). We've been living in our trailer (just to give you a heads up).

Overall, I honestly can't complain. My husband is a hard worker, he provides for is wife, and he loves me unconditionally. Being young shouldn't be a reason why you don't get married. Jacob and I both talked about it. We know we're young. We know we have a lot to learn. But would we change anything? No, because we're learning together and we're growing together. That's what helps you through the tough times. That's when you can tell someone who's going through the same thing you went through, "I've been there, I know how you feel." It's such a testimony to people when they see a young couple overcome the hurdles of marriage and get through it on top. I'm not saying we've overcome all the things of marriage. But the things we have overcome is helping shape our marriage, and making us the people we are today. God, love, trust, honesty, and faith are what are shaping us into the married couple we are today. Write back!

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At March 24, 2007 at 9:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that you guys have been married for a while now, but I wanted to ask since you live in San Diego(I assume), how do you guys support yourselves? I also live in San Diego and I know how hard it is to live here.

 
At March 24, 2007 at 9:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before you both got married did you ever question yourselves on if you needed medical insurance, or if you are going to further you education? I know in San Diego is not cheap so it is hard for me to even imagine how I would settle down like you did especially that young. I think also its hard to find a good job out here to provide for your family because it is so expensive.

 
At March 24, 2007 at 10:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched your show and saw how not even one supposrted you two getting married and I was wondering what did you do to deal with that stress! I am engaged and Have been planning my weddin, I am also a "young" and getting married! I just needed to know how to deal with that stress! But we are both madly in love our parents just are driven us crazy, a little!

 
At March 25, 2007 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your Wedding was Beautiful, it was one my favorite episode. I really enjoyed watching it because i went through a similar problem with my mother accepting how young i am and wanting to be married this soon. btw, who designed your wedding dress (chantel) it was really cute! -Jess

 
At March 25, 2007 at 10:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I just wanted to add that I really loved your story but even more so, thanks for telling the truth! You admit to fighting and to having some bad days. Because you're in a normal relationship! I think many people get the wrong idea about being married. They think that once you finally commit your problems go away. So not true! Everyone has rough days and being married is about helping each other through those bad days! I wish both of you a lot of luck in you life ahead!

 
At March 27, 2007 at 8:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your story. I loved the close bond of his family and how warm & welcoming they are. You are very blessed. I also loved jacob's 3 S's for your wedding night-my fiance & I cracked up. Not sure if you will know the answer to this or not but my fiance & I are getting married VERY soon and are having trouble picking out songs....do you know what song is playing during the episode while you are walking down the aisle. I love the part that we as viewers get to listen to. God Bless.

 
At April 25, 2007 at 5:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got done watching your show for like the 4th time.......and i was just wondering if u r planning on having kids in a few years.

 
At May 7, 2007 at 7:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know we dont even know eachother but your message really touched me! I am also young married..Im 19....I got married when I was 18....I graduated from high school last June and we got married in August......Marriage has been great but as you said its not a walk in the park...we have our arguments, we have our times when we just want to scream at eachother but there are the good times too......I love being married! Some ppl tell me "well Tara youre missing out on so much bc you got married young" I just wanted to say to any young married girls out there "YOU ARENT MISSING OUT ON ANYTHING!" anything this world has to offer you can experience with your spouse! God gives you your soulmate to experience life with....to have children with, to grow old with....No one said it would be easy but as long as you keep God first in your relationship he really will bless you and guide you! I hope you two are doing well...and if you even want to email me just let me know! It's nice to talk to other young married couples!Take care and God Bless!
TaraLee

 
At May 8, 2007 at 11:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just wanted to say that i love how God is apart of your marriage, and how you were not afraid to express your religion and love for Him on national televsiion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home