Monday, July 2, 2007

Mandy and Josh Check In


What’s going on? Mandy here!


Tonight I tried to cook some fish. One kind out of the many kinds we have in the freezer. Yeah, Josh likes to do the whole offshore fishing thing so we don’t ever have to buy food for dinner! Ha! Well, I cooked some tonight thinking it was the tripletail; it wasn’t. Josh came home from work and the house was all smoked out and our fish was burnt. It was tuna I was trying to fry!!! Gee, I guess tuna is unfryable (if that’s even a word). I ended up throwing the fish away and just made a bunch of spaghetti. It was good, but I was looking forward to making Josh a nice fish dinner.


Married life is awesome! It is definitely the best step I have taken in my life. It’s so nice to go to sleep and have the one you love next to you. There is always someone to talk to and be there to have fun with. I finally have a workout partner that I can count on to meet me at the gym! It does get somewhat stressful, but you learn to work through your problems. One piece of advice I have to give to all the couples getting married is to never go to bed mad at each other. It sucks when you go to bed mad and then you wake up and you are still mad, so make up before you fall asleep!


Oh, and Josh is always there for me to lean on, as well. Last week my mom was in and out of the hospital. She went in for a treatment that was supposed to help her disease and we all thought she would come out walking normally. That didn’t happen! Ends up when the doctors started putting the medicine in her neck she had a reaction to it. She had a seizure and then coded! Luckily, the nurses in the room were on top of things. They threw on some oxygen and started doing compressions. Thank God she came back right before they were about to zap her. Through it all, Josh has been there for me and has been the only one I have really been talking to about it. It’s so nice to have him around me all the time. I love him so much!


Other than that, my days are spent being a housewife. I have gone out and looked for jobs and whatnot, but I really haven’t tried hard enough to find one. Yesterday, I think I used up a whole tank of gas just driving around to places that looked OK to work. I'm only going to be here for about 28 more days, so that’s how long I would be working at a new job; it's not worth it. I’m going to be moving very soon to where Josh will be going to school. Josh will move with me when the lease is up on the house. It stinks. I'm not looking forward to living by myself! Although I will have Jade with me, it’s just not going to be the same without my husband. Oh, and I will no longer be near the beach, which is where Josh and I first met like five or six years ago. Eventually we will come back to it but with Josh’s school it just doesn’t work out like that right now.



If you would like, you can check out our MySpace page at www.myspace.com/joshnmandymiller.



Later,Mandy



P.S. Oh, and an update on Kyle. I haven’t talked to him for about three weeks or so. Not sure where he has been, but the relationship between Josh and him hasn’t gotten any better or worse. It’s basically at a standstill for now. He lives five hours away from us, which makes it difficult to get together and go out whenever we feel like it. The last I heard was that his girlfriend's purse got stolen and their cell phones were in there. I’ve tried to get in touch with him through one of his friends but that isn’t so easy! He is always on the go; you can never get a hold of him. Hopefully he will come down here soon and we can get together and go four-wheeling or whatnot!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At July 2, 2007 at 6:27 PM , Blogger raeday said...

hey! I loved your guys' episode! You seem like awesome people and are so happy together. Thanks for the updates, love the cooking fish story lol. I would have done the same thing. best of luck to you guys with the moving and stuff!

 
At July 2, 2007 at 6:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm watching your episode right now and freaking out because i live here too! i love the show. you guys are great, and i hope everything is going really well!

 
At July 2, 2007 at 9:09 PM , Blogger lovestorun said...

i just have a question
i watched your guys' episode tonight
and i wanted to know what song it was they had playing during your first dance together
thanks

 
At July 3, 2007 at 5:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of all the Eng/Und shows I've seen, you two are my favorite! I really feel you have what it takes to have a strong marriage. Mandy, you have plenty of time to figure out what you want to do in life, don't feel pressured! I'm sure Josh will support you no matter what. And....I can't wait to see your mohawked surfer baby someday! ;-)

 
At July 8, 2007 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Roy and Lori said...

Congrats on your marriage! It's
a wonderful journey! We have one
grandbaby and we are starting over.
We are currently adopting a little
girl from China. It is a very long
process but we are very excited
about this next chapter in our lives.

Best of luck to you both,
Roy and Lori

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home