Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ashley and Byron Check In

Hey guys, this is Ashley.

I haven't written for a long time, but now I'm back and ready to answer any questions and comments you have.




We also have some awesome photos.

Check Them Out Here



Well, I just wanted to let you know a little more about my hubby (how corny! oh well) and me. We first met in high school; I was a sophomore and he was a senior. I just think that we were meant to be because he went to every elementary school I went to, but we just never met each other. We also had the some of the same teachers! Weird, huh?

Well, back to my story I was in my fourth period PE class and then in walks in my teacher's aide, Byron. For some reason I told my friend that was sitting next to me, "I bet you we are going to end up talking." I just had that gut feeling.

Well, we got to know each other and became friends first, and we would talk about our problems all the time. He had a girlfriend and I was talking to somebody, so we never took it to another level other than friends. Until one day Byron runs up to me and says I broke up with my girlfriend, he was all excited. It was then that I knew he had feelings for me.

Then, I don't know how we started playing this corny game, but he would tell me a couple of letters that were in the name of a girl he liked and I started telling him a couple of letters in the name of a boy I liked. Guess who it ended up to be? I was telling him letters in his name and he was telling me letters in my name! So then he decides to ask me out, and I said "No." You know, you've got to play hard to get sometimes!

A week or two later he tried to ask me again, but he didn't actually ask me. He tried doing hand signals because he was speechless. (Who does hand signals? Who is that corny? My husband, apparently.) He started doing heart signals and, of course, I acted dumb and said, "What do you mean?" Then he put two fingers together and crossed them then I got tired of the hand signals and said, "Just say what you want to say," then he said, "You know what I mean, do you want
to be my girlfriend?" I said, "Yes!" We have been together ever since March 5, 2003.

Oh my gosh, I've got to tell you about he proposed! I'll keep it short this
time. September 24, 2006, my birthday. He pissed me off so bad that day that I was in the room crying the whole night. At like 11:55, he calls me
outside and apologizes and hugs me. Then while he is hugging me he pulls out the ring from behind his back and points at it. Guess what he tried to do again? Hand gestures! Yeah, I said it: hand gestures.

I asked him what he said. "You know." Then I was like, "No I don't know. What?" Then he came out with it and said, "Will you MARRY me?" First I said, "Punk
ass!" I was still kind of mad. "YES!!!" He says he planned it like this all along, to get me mad, but I think he is lying.

There is only one letter Byron had ever wrote me and it took him two weeks to write. It is so corny! Here it goes, some examples of Byron's sensitive side:

"I will bend down and tie your show if you want me to."
"I hope our love goes up north and not down south."
"I love you like a fat kid loves cake."

Here are a couple of tips from us:

1. Stay strong, no matter what anybody says.
2. Always show love and affection.
3. Tell each other you love each other everyday.
4. Stay true to each other.
5. And always put God first and everything will come out right.

Thanks!

Labels: , , ,

17 Comments:

At June 17, 2007 at 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you! I'm in a relationship where we talk about being in the future together. Even though i still want it. I only have one problem... people tell me that we wont last. we've been together for a year, but were just now freshmen. I do love him. He tries to control me a lil bit. But i control him like all the time. My mom says we are just in puppy love but i dont know. That all is lil stuff. The big thing is... he gets jealous of my dad. That probably sounds weird but i just need a lil bit of advise i guess on what to do. I'm very happy for you... I think my bf is just like your husband... he has a hard time expressing his true emotions. Congrats though on the whole thing for you guys. I'm truely happy for you.

 
At June 17, 2007 at 5:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Are you pregnant now? Congrats!

 
At June 17, 2007 at 5:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your story is so cute!! I was watching Engaged & Underage I Do Re-do and it said that y'all were having a baby. I was wondering how everything is going with that and i wish the both of y'all the best!!

 
At June 18, 2007 at 2:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ASHLEY!
I just wanted to congratulate you on your wedding and many blessings to come. I loved you guy's episode because I feel like I could relate to your situation and what you were going through. I am engaged to a african american man also and we are both in our early 20's. He's from South Carolina and I am an Islander ghur. We met while he was stationed here in Guam. We had to go through so many things about how to present yourself to how we eat and it is really hard when two different people from different ethnicity come together to make one person but after watch'n your episode you gave me and my fiance hope that if you can work it through then so can we. I wish you the best the best of luck and may god bless you and ur union

 
At June 18, 2007 at 11:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ASHLEY & BYRON: I JUST WATCHED AN UPDATE ON THE 2 OF YOU AND I WANTED TO CONGRATS ON THE BABY. HOW ARE YOU DOING? AND WHEN ARE YOU DUE?

KIMBERLEE

 
At June 18, 2007 at 12:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW YOUR PREGNANCY WENT AND HOW THE BABY IS? WAS IT A BOY OR GIRL?

 
At June 18, 2007 at 1:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey was wonderng what ever happened wit u being pregnant...

 
At June 18, 2007 at 1:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

did u have the baby?!!!!!!!!!

 
At June 18, 2007 at 1:16 PM , Blogger sandra* said...

hey! my name is sandra* and i live in hardesty Oklahoma, and im 16 years old! i was born in Portales NM.... but my whole family comes from Chihwahwah MEXICO!!

umm i only have 2 questions?!!

umm (ashley) where is ur family from??

oh and um did u have a boy or girl??

well can u please e-mail me @ sandra_erick1010@yahoo.com!! PLEASE!!
i loved ur episode!! u and Byron remind me of me and my boyfriend!

 
At June 18, 2007 at 1:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys i LOVED your show! lol you guys are funny but a great couple!...i just recently saw the one where you find out you are pregnant i was like awww now im left wonderin how is everything goin! good i hope :D

 
At June 18, 2007 at 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THAT SONG YOU GOT MARRIED TO? IS IT LOVE IS THE KEY OR SOMETHING WHO SING ITS AND WHAT THE NAME OF IT?????????

 
At June 18, 2007 at 2:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your love story is inspiring! I myself am a Ramirez and know how hispanic families can be so I found it amazing how hard ya'll fought to stay together. I hope you and your hubby have a great life together! I hope someday my boyfriend and I can have a beautiful marriage like you and Byron do!

 
At June 18, 2007 at 5:22 PM , Blogger YngInLove20 said...

Hey Ashley,

I have been watching Engaged and Underage since it first came on and of all the episodes I love ya'll's the most. I think that the way that you try to have a close relationship with your husbands mom is cool even though she seems to still not accept you. I have the same issue with my husbands mom. All of his family treats me as if I as born in the family but it seems that this lady just doesn't like me. She thinks that I "brought him down". (I'm about to cry just writing this to you). She feels that I'm not good enough for him and blah, blah, blah. I do everything for this man and more. We have two beautiful daughters together who I take care of during the day by myself because he works. She says that I'm lazy but I didn't know that I could be lazy running after a 16-month-old while holding a 4-month-old, taking care of the house and dinner made every night. My family means the world to me and I do all that I can to make sure that they have clean clothes to wear everyday and full bellies.....Whew! Sry I went on and on but I rarelyr time to vent to anyone besides my mom and dad. I just want you to know that you are an inspiration to me by being so strong. Thanks for taking your time to listen.

 
At June 19, 2007 at 12:14 PM , Blogger kimberlyn said...

Hey guys im very inspired by your love story because its similar to mine im hispanic and my fiancee is african american and we are 18 soon to be marry. His family makes a big deal that he is getting marry way too young and that makes him very mad so i gotta deal with that...anyways hope you guys the best of the best oh and congrats with your baby!

 
At June 19, 2007 at 3:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was just wondering when the baby is due and do you have a myspace page??
thanks brandy

 
At June 19, 2007 at 4:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey u guys i love your show!!! I don't no what i like about it but its my all time favorite epesode!! u guys make a good couple!! and 4 u guys sometimes corney is cute!!gotta go!!

 
At June 20, 2007 at 6:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! i am so happy for you and byron. i hope you have a great life. omg. it was so corny how he proposed n all these hand signals. what's up with dat? omg!!!!!!!!! ur husband reminds me of my ex-boyfriend whom i went out with for 5 years. well, wat reminds me is when byron said "i love you like a fat kid loves cake". my ex-boyfriend used to tell me dat EVERY day. are you pregnant yet? congrats.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home