Friday, March 30, 2007

Ashley Responds...


Hey, this is Ashley! First of all, I am glad that people have seen more than just the arguing in our episode. I am glad that some of you guys have also seen the message that we were trying to put out. Remember this: Life is full of its ups and downs, but it is so much better to have them with the one you LOVE.
PATRICA...... Girl, tell anybody and everybody that you are engaged. Be proud that you found a good man in your life that you are about to start a family with. Not a lot of girls have the luxury of finding one, so that shows how lucky we are. When I first became engaged, I was embarrassed to show people because I myself felt I was too young. Then, one day I realized that I am not going to be engaged forever. The man I have treats me like a queen and I should be proud and care less about what anyone thinks, including our families. Don't hide your happiness -- be proud of yourself! You’re going to college and doing everything right. That is all that matters. Good luck and congrats on the engagement and the new arrival.

KRISTINA..... Congrats on your wedding and I hope you have a happy life. My advice is get married when you feel you are ready. I am 19 and he is 21. There is never a perfect age. As long as you two are in love, that is all that matters. About your families… they are always going to be there and are going to have to accept it sooner or later. Byron and I have been together for 5 years and have not broken up once. The first 3 years, my family did not accept him, but then they grew to love him because they have seen how well he takes care of me. Now they take his side all the time instead of mine. The family will always come around, you just have to stay strong and support each other. As for my dress, I got it at David’s Bridal, but it wasn't too cheap. Good luck and enjoy your wedding to the fullest because it becomes more stressful as you get closer to the date.

VANITY..... Real LOVE is all that matters.
It is hard when your husband's family doesn't accept you, but I guess you have to learn how to deal with it. I have learned to stay strong and accept their decisions, just as they have to accept that we are in love and there is not one emotion stronger than love that can break it. Love is a beautiful thing and there is no other feeling like it, so when you find it don't let it go.
As for my being bossy, yes I can get like that, but I am not like that all the time. If you seen the aftermath on mtv.com you will see that Byron likes that about me. He likes a strong girl and that is what I am. I view a relationship as being 50/50 and that is the way we are. We always make our decisions together.

To those we have inspired, all we have to say is stay strong and don't give up. Live life to the fullest with each other and enjoy each other’s company. Take it one day at a time and know that the relationship is getting stronger each day that goes by.
To those who want to chat, just write a response and I will definitely write back.
ASHLEY

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At April 2, 2007 at 4:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley. I did not get to see your episode but I was just reading your blog and was so excited to hear that you are so young! I am dating someone now who I have been in love with for the past 3 years. We were on again off again, trying to find out what we both wanted, but we ended up together once more. we know that we are right for eachother and we are getting engaged this summer. we are both 18 (19 this fall). My parents don't know that Andrew is going to pop the question because he wants to wait til his proposal date is close so he can do the whole "ask for my hand in marriage thing". do you have any advice about him asking my parents and what we should do with other people who oppose us when we acctually get engaged? I am so worried that things won't go smoothly. I just want to skip the engagement and be 2 years into our marriage so that we don't have to deal with everyone's oppions.

 
At April 2, 2007 at 10:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley I'm so happy for you i just saw your show on engaged and underaged. But I have a question for you and the question is: Is it more and more and more stressful as the time gets to 6 weeks away and under? cause right now I have about 7 weeks before I'm going to be a married woman. I'm 19 and I'm very deeply in love with hijm.

 
At April 2, 2007 at 11:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys went through with everything. I just watched the show for the first time because my friend told me about it. I was once engaged and underage. I got engaged when I was 17 and my husband was 18. We got married when we both were 18 in August of 2000. Well let's just say I wouldn't have changed a thing. I have been happily married for 6 1/2 years (together for 8 1/2 years) and we have 3 beautiful children. When we first got married no one thought it would work because we were too young, but we have proved them all wrong! His parents didn't accept me at first either, but a couple years later his mom came around and things have been fine since. I just wanted to leave a comment to let you know that I am behind you guys all the way and I wish you a marriage full of love and happiness! God Bless!

 
At April 2, 2007 at 11:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just fell in love with your episode i wish you guys the best!!! Do you guys have a myspace?

 
At April 2, 2007 at 11:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashley -

You are absolutely beautiful. I am awed and a little envious of what you have. Interracial relationships are insanely hard to deal with...Although I [half each French/Irish] am absolutely in love with an African American man, I have yet to expose my family to my boyfriend/soon-to-be-fiance. Do you have any advice? --Shazmin

 
At April 3, 2007 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley. I did not get to see your episode but when I was reading over your blog I was so excited when I read that you are only 19! I am with someone now who I am getting engaged to this summer. Do you have any advice on being engaged young and what we should do if one of our parents diapproves?

 
At April 7, 2007 at 11:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashley -n- Byron:

I loved your wedding. It had my favorite color so it was hot (red). You two are such a cute couple. Are there children in your future?

 
At April 7, 2007 at 11:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashley -n- Byron

Your wedding was beautiful. Ashley, I liked your dress and Byron, I loved the red insets with your white suit. You looked sharp! You looked better in your white and red than in all red. No hard feelings.

 
At May 21, 2007 at 7:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ashley,
first of all i wanna say that i loved the show. my just recently got engaged. at first my parents were ok with it but as time goes by they seem to make things harder and harder. i am not really sure what to do i just graduated and plan to attend college. i am 17 and will be 18 in septmember and my man is 25. they think that just because i am younger i shouldnt be allowed to hang out with him all the time. they try to tell me his is controling but what they dont get is that we love being with each other and hate being apart. what is your advice....?

 
At May 21, 2007 at 7:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ashley,
first of all i wanna say that i loved the show. my just recently got engaged. at first my parents were ok with it but as time goes by they seem to make things harder and harder. i am not really sure what to do i just graduated and plan to attend college. i am 17 and will be 18 in septmember and my man is 25. they think that just because i am younger i shouldnt be allowed to hang out with him all the time. they try to tell me his is controling but what they dont get is that we love being with each other and hate being apart. what is your advice....?

 
At June 17, 2007 at 5:34 PM , Blogger purpz said...

Hello Ashley & Byron congrads on the wedding and the new baby did you guys have the baby yet if so what did you guys have boy or girl?

 
At June 18, 2007 at 2:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what song was that you got married to?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home