Wednesday, April 4, 2007

An Update From Chantel


Many of you are wondering how our house caught on fire. Well, this is the story; six weeks before our wedding Jacob's house (now our house) caught on fire. It was an electrical fire in the neighbors garage that went over into our garage. No one was hurt; thank God. But it did make everything twice as stressful! We're back in our house and loving every minute of it!

Thank you for all of your sweet comment! Jacob and are very encouraged by those and we appreciate every single one of them. A lot of people have asked me how I dealt with not feeling support from my loved ones. From what I've learned through this whole experience is; my parents never, not supported me; they were just scared. They saw me as a child and wanted to protect me from the world. And that's the case for most parents. But the thing that sets you apart from them is it's your life. You choose what path you take, and no matter how much your parents threaten or complain or disagree with something, they're still your parents and you still love them and respect them regardless. And same goes for them. Even thought you're not seeing what you want to see from them; it's there. It'll just take them a little more time than you care for. My mom and dad were so proud of me. They were proud that I found Jacob and proud that he was going to be their son-in-law.

Whatever decision you make in you life; make sure you put a lot of thought into it. A lot of people thought, "Oh she's young, she's acting on impulse." Well, yes I am young; and no, I wasn't acting on impulse. My parents raised me better than that! I thought long and hard. I prayed harder than I've ever prayed because this was my life; the rest of my life. Turned out to be the best decision of my life.

Jacob and I aren't planning on having kids for another 3-4 years. We want to be married and have fun. We want to be able to pick up our things and travel. Kids are definitely in our future; but not right now.

Thanks for reading our thoughts! We enjoy hearing from you guy's and getting feed back; good or bad!
-Chantel

9 Comments:

At April 4, 2007 at 5:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This question is totally off subject, but i am getting married soon and i loved the flower girl dresses. Where did you get them? Or did someone make them?

 
At April 10, 2007 at 10:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I loved your wedding sooooooooo much I wish I could plan my wedding to look that good lol well I just wanted to stop in and say I am happy you guys are into your new house and that you guys are happy.

 
At April 10, 2007 at 4:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you guys do for a living?

 
At April 12, 2007 at 9:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that I think you and Jacob are the cutest couple ever. Chantel, your dress was so perfect for you. Not everyone could get away with a tealength dress but it was absolutly perfect for you. You are Beautiful!!

 
At April 13, 2007 at 10:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you had fun on you honeymoon and i love you wedding to

 
At April 15, 2007 at 5:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ijust want to commend you both for giving this a shot. My husban and I got married very young as well and we've now been married for almost 12 years, we have 2 beautiful kids and we are still very much in love. Good luck to you for a happy and successful future. God Bless. :)

 
At May 3, 2007 at 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chantel, I just wanted to say that I watched your show and just thought it was really cool how you stood up to your mom like that. She seems to really love you and maybe didn't want to let you go just yet, but you somehow knew you were ready. Your husband Jacob seems like a really great guy. He seems to really adore you so much. You both are really positive about everything and realize what's important. I hope you two keep it that way, you're providing a great example to everyone. Before watching Enganged & Underaged I was starting to feel unsure about getting married soon. My boyfrend keeps telling me he wants to propose but I felt we were both immature. I wasn't sure we would be able to handle the aftermath. But seeing you two, the way you both just admire and love each other and especially the way you're so positive and happy it really makes me feel better. You seem you have already grown up and you're happy. when you marry someone you're in it for life. It's a huge commitment. You both seemed to understand that. Please remain positive. You really are the cutest husband and wife. Thanks guys and good luck!

 
At May 25, 2007 at 8:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow so you guys are still pulling through, thats great! I saw you both on the show about two or three months ago and for some reason your show seemed to stick with me. Ecspecially now that I am 19, a freshmen in collage, and engaged to be married to my 19 year old wonderful, charming, and brilliant boyfriend. I know the statistcs are against us, but weve been together for almost 4 years, and we He is joining the Navy in October, so if we get married after his basic training in December, the benefits will be amazing. Of coarse thats not the only reason we want to do this, were in love and have been together for almost 4 years,we know this is going to happen some day anyway, but the down side to all of this is that I have to keep it secrete, my parents are divorced and my father doesnt know about my plans but I know when he finds out he will support me. But y mother and her whole side of the family will most likely disown me. They dont even like my boyfriend because he is not what "they" want for me. I hate this, I hate secrets, but I know that I love him and I know we can make this work. Were both educated, responsible people, I know we will be succesful together. But then at the same time im scared to death of what the consequences may be. I think you guys remind me of us, his family rocks they support us so much, my family on the other hand, you know. You said your family eventually came around i hope that is the same for me. Pray for me please, I'll take all the advice I can get! Thanks!

 
At June 18, 2007 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You guys are adorable. Im not a fan of getting married young and I usually watch the show for the train wrecks (ummm hello mormon girl!?) But you guys were the only ones that didnt seem too young to get married. Chantel you are adorable as hell.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home