Thursday, March 8, 2007

Chris and Amanda - Answering Your Questions

Hey everyone, it's Chris and Amanda!

We plan on having kids eventually. I (Amanda) could have kids now, but can wait two years. I (Chris) want to have kids in four years. I think that is a long long time. For now we are just enjoying the married life.

We met in 9th grade on the swim team. Chris always tells me he loved me the whole time but I question that. We were best friends from the moment we met on. Chris always made my boyfriends jealous. And Amanda was always trying to push girls away from me. So we were meant to be together. We even said if we where 28 and not married we would get married. We even planned all the colors of our wedding and stuff. This was in our junior year. We were still just best friends. It's great to marry your best friend 'cause you never run out of things to talk about or to use on the other person and remind them of the things they did in high school and only told you.

So to answer some of your comments, I didn't have a roommate, that was just one of my groomsmen who stayed the night. Also, Uncle Al: This was our idea. We thought it would be fun but was very stressful also. My mother, Juliann, wasn't really sure why we did it. For those who asked, Chris' sisters are 16 and 12 and very cute girls- I love them! And our temple is just like the temples in the Bible only certain righteous people can go in each section people who have made the covents to go in that section. It's the house of our loving Lord. It's where we go for peace and we don't want people in there criticizing us while we are trying to get peace and inspiration. It just makes sense. And the Lord has set the standards, not us, so we don't decide who is worthy or not. The person who wants to go in has there own choice if they want ot be worthy or not.

In our opinion: If you want to get married but are afraid to, tell your parents. Just explain to them this is what you need now and you won't be happy without it. And just read all of the wonderful comments! We have lots of people marrying young and are very happy just be prepared to work for it and if you are prepared to work for it, tell them that too! Don't be afraid to tell someone you want to join the church, just tell them you know it's for you and if it's not for them fine. I understand being afraid if you love someone and they don't believe in it; it will be hard. But you never know, they might suprise you! Anyone looking for more information on the church, you could always talk to the local lds missionaries in your area.

Thank you for all the wonderful encouragement, prayers and blessings. We are sure at times we will need them. Right now we just love being together, having fun with each other, and KISSING! MTV told us we were the kissy couple but we just love to give each other little kisses every minute of everyday if we could to show are love. We know that we love each other more than anything and we wanted to have our own life together, SO WHY WAIT! WE LOVE EACH OTHER!!
Write Back! -- Amanda & Chris

Labels: , , , ,

26 Comments:

At March 8, 2007 at 7:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happened to catch your episode as I was channel surfing. I thought it was very well done. I've been reading other postings & am glad to see so many are positive - both to you & the church.
As others have asked - what did you give Chris' mom the night she came over for dinner? The closing shot of the show was Amanda telling Chris "Let's do the thing with your mom" and Amanda doing the voice over to log on to the blog to see what she gave her. Well...what was it?!?! =)

 
At March 12, 2007 at 4:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to congratulate you on your temple marriage. I was in a similar situation and I gave into a "normal wedding" with a promise to be sealed a year later. It took 5 1/2 years to be sealed so I'm proud the you stood your ground! Congratulations!

 
At March 12, 2007 at 5:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was it that you had for Chris' mom?

 
At March 12, 2007 at 5:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats!!!!!!

what did you give chris' mom?

 
At March 12, 2007 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Kristin & Matt said...

Hey guys! I just wanted to say what you've heard a million times. I am also LDS and I thought you portrayed the church wonderfully! I am getting married June 16th in the Columbia, SC temple...and my situation is kind of opposite of you guys'..I'm the new member and my fiance' is the lifelong member. I think every day someone tells me I'm getting married too young and that I need to reconsider..but I know with all my heart that it's the right choice for us. The temple is amazing, the church is amazing..and you guys did a great job with explaining everything! Thank you and congratulations!

 
At March 12, 2007 at 8:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what did you give your mother inlaw??? beautiful wedding ... very nice to have both temple and ring... Frankie and Dale Sutter Creek California

 
At March 13, 2007 at 8:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that you two look so cute and congratulations. good luck with everything. What did u give Chris's mom?

 
At March 14, 2007 at 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you give chris's mom?
everyone wonts to now..

 
At March 14, 2007 at 2:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well as a faithful and loyal mormon i am with you guys on this one! to be honest i was actually planning to get married in the salt lake temple. (not yet but when im of age)

congrats and what did you give his mom?

was it a book of mormon?

 
At March 14, 2007 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Ashli Mendon said...

Where do we find out what you gave your mother-in-law? I have searched everywhere and its nice to know that I am not the only one asking. lol So please get us out of our misery and tell us. Thanks! :)

 
At March 15, 2007 at 10:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys! i loved your wedding!!! you remind me of me and my hubby, we like to kiss a lot too! haha, and we got married underage too, i was 18, he was the new member too, and we haven't got into the temple yet, i hope we do soon, we want to get sealed in Bountiful Temple, i wish you guys the best, and again, Congratulations!!!!

 
At March 16, 2007 at 2:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to congratulate you on your wedding. It was really pretty. I saw it on the show and thought that it was nice.

What did you get your Mother-In-Law?

How is marriage life working out?

 
At March 17, 2007 at 1:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, girl, what did you give Chris' mom. My sanity hinges on knowing the answer to this question. Don't mess with my brain, MTV!

 
At March 17, 2007 at 1:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda & Chris. Congrats on your wedding. I love it, it was very cute to see how everything turn down to be. Im 27 and got married young to 11 years now and have four kids. two boys and two girls. Met my husband in High School so my advice to you guys is dont have kids jet. Wait five year because everything will change. Im divorce now and its not easy to raise four kids under the age of 10. Good Luck. Aileen

 
At March 17, 2007 at 1:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys. i also am a member of the church. and i loved your show! i felt that many people though would put a tamper on mormon people. i learned from my seminary teacher that we need to stand up for what we believe in and we will have Heavenly Father on our side. i wish you guys the very best and i will take your show into consideration when i make my covenants with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I really think that your show was a great inspiration to everyone. i look forward to being married in the temple because i am only 15 years old. Just remember CTR and that Heavenly Father loves you. Look forward to hearing from you.

-Katie Ingersoll of Long Beach, California

 
At March 17, 2007 at 2:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrads!! You two are look so cute together!! Hope everything is going well with the marriage.

Where do I go to see what you got you mother in-law???

 
At March 17, 2007 at 5:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

U guys look so cute together!!!


U guys Should Have Triplets!!

 
At March 20, 2007 at 6:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that you guys are so cute and ive seen your episode like 4 times, you remind me so much of my boyfriend David and I. We were best friends for 3 years before we started dating, now we have been dating for almost a year. I hope that when I get married it will turn out as special and sweet as yours :)

 
At March 24, 2007 at 10:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOW DO YOU BOUTH LIKE THE BEING MARRIED. I AM 26 AND SOME TIMESIT IS HARD FOR ME TO DEAL WITH IT ALL.
WISHING YOU THE BEST FROM MAT AND JILL.

 
At April 3, 2007 at 1:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi amanda and chris--

i enjoyed watching your episode, and congrats on marriage.. i am agnostic, but appreciate every religion and its values and traditions that it upholds... saying that, i was just curious to know what chris's religious beliefs were before chris met amanda, and what specifically brought on conversion?

 
At April 15, 2007 at 11:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw your episode the first time, I was annoyed at the way Amanda treat Chris's mom. I have Mormon friends and when you do not grow up in that religion, it makes it difficult to understand the sealing process. (I went to my friend's reception and was angry that I could not watch her get married.) That being said, I was very happy that you both agreed to include his mom by having a ring ceremony. What a positive way you handled that situation, and I'm sure she will always appreciate that!

 
At April 25, 2007 at 4:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey amanda,
i am in love with your wedding it was so cute!!!!i was just wonder how old you and chris are?

 
At May 2, 2007 at 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda and Chris

You mentioned that you and Chris were best friends in high school. I just wanted to know how long did you guys date before you and Chris got married?

 
At June 4, 2007 at 10:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I just wanted to say congrats on your wedding your dress was beautiful!!!! It's really hard to find a modest dress these days just like cloths!! Thrust me I understand I'm LDS to!!!! Good Luck in your marriage because if you met in the 9th grade and have been freinds ever since you were meant to be!!!

 
At June 4, 2007 at 10:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you guys.....I just finished watching you while home for lunch and enjoyed seeing you look so happy.....congrats. But I do have one small question.....there was a song played at the end of your i do redo and all i can remember is them singing "this is our moment.....let it shine" - can you please help me figure out who sings it! I would love to dance to it at my wedding....thanks so much and the best of luck to the both of you!

 
At June 23, 2007 at 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caught the I do Redo segment on June 23 of 07. Imagine my surprise flipping through the channels this morning and seeing the Salt Lake temple on MTV. My curiousity took over. Amanda, I'm glad you realized that it wasn't just your wedding, but your husband's as well. From the reaction's in chris's family during the ceremony, it was the right thing to do. My wife and I were married in the same temple 9 years ago. Working on child number six. I finally know what Joy is compared to the fun I thought I could never let go of. Honestly, we went through the fire for the first three years, felt secure after the first five, and now will never separate. Just remember to include your Heavenly Father in every decision. It will surprise you how often the decisions don't go the way either one of you wanted. God bless.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home