Monday, July 9, 2007

How We Got Together: April and Kenny


Basically, we were both working at Burger King at the time. I went on my 30 minute minor break, and had a bunch of guys come and sit next to me talking that would say inappropriate things to me. I saw Kenny cleaning the lobby, so I asked him to go on his break so he could sit next to me. Well he did, and he sat next to me the whole time until I went back from my break.

After that, I was constantly checking the schedule to see when we were both working together. One day, he gave me his number, and a few days later I had called because I was bored and I was just going through my phone list. His friend answered the phone and said he wasn't going to be back for a couple of hours.

Later on that evening, he called me back, and after that we basically talked on the phone till 3 in the morning. He would always tell me about how he grew up, and three weeks afterwards, we got together he said he loved me.

We went through a lot our first couple of months of being together, but in the end, it was all worth the hassles and tears. We had people telling us that we would never make it, and that had a lot had to do with our ages. I was 16 and he was 20. He also didn't particularly hang with people with good influences.

Kenny is basically a different person now than what he was 3 years ago, and I really respect that about him. He has come a long way. Now, why he changed himself for me, I don’t know. I do know that I’m glad he did because he makes me so happy.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At July 9, 2007 at 7:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a sweet story of how they met. BURGER KING!!!

 
At July 9, 2007 at 7:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing!

 
At July 9, 2007 at 7:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Stick with it! My wife and I just celebrated our 4th anniversary. Honestly, the first few years were the hardest. We weren't quite as young, but we unexpectedly had 2 kids in the first 3 years which thrust us into adulthood pretty fast! My wife is my best friend and despite all the stuff we've been through I wouldn't want to spend my life with anyone else.

You both seem to really love each other from the little I saw. Keep having fun together. Some good friends of ours got married at 18 and 19 and everyone thought it was a bad idea because of their age. 10 years later they are one of the most in love couples I know.

I don't know if you believe in God or not but honestly keeping God in the center of our lives and marriage has been the best most helpful things. He is the one who held us together when we had moments of falling apart.

Seeing your love for each other is refreshing and a blessing. Thanks for sharing your story.

 
At July 9, 2007 at 7:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi April and Kenny. I just watched ya'lls show and I was just wondering what state ya'll are from. The reason I asked is because of the accent's and from the Ascension Adult Ed. sign on the deleted scenes. I'm from a small town in Louisiana and we have a town called Ascension. So I don't want yall to think I'm a crazy person. I hope to hear from ya'll soon Bye!!! Sincerely, Nae

 
At July 9, 2007 at 10:32 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

I just have a whole question about a young man that I had seen on there. They guy Kenny was talking to on the car or wherever...was his name Devin???

 
At July 10, 2007 at 7:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know I am so happy for the two of you. Both of you have gone through alot. Danny and I have always beleived in yall. I was so happy to see how sweet both of you are to each other. Don't worry about everyone else. No one thought that you would still be together. Way to go and congrats to you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home